Here are my stitching goals for 2009:
1) Complete "Monopoly" - at work, since it's a surprise for DH! Hoping to finish in time for Christmas, even if I have to get it framed after Christmas!
2) Complete "Through a Father's Eyes" - DH knows about this
3) Complete a birth record for a friend of ours - she's due in March. I am working on the backstitching now, and will leave the name and date out until the baby is born!
4) Do a quick freebie from Leisure Arts called "Irish Blessing" for a girlfriend of mine
5) Do two pieces for Thanksgiving - another freebie from Leisure Arts called "Give Thanks". One is for our house and one is for my Dad's house
6) Do a Nativity scene - monochrome pattern. I can't remember the designer's name, but I got the pattern from my LNS. The kit can be found at www.thestitchery.com. I have just the pattern.
7) Do all my Christmas ornaments - from 101 Clothespin Angels from Leisure Arts.
8) Do a Valentine's Day card for DH - heart patter in current edition of "Just Cross Stitch". It's a perforated paper heart that is stitched, then attached to the card. I don't think I will do it exactly as they have it in the mag, but I think it's a great idea!
9) I would like to make a few Christmas cards. I think I will use some of the patterns from the angels, since some of them are cute Christmas scenes!
Once I get done "Father's Eyes" and "Monopoly", I think I will do mostly smaller patterns for a while, with one pattern just for me. I like the freebie fractals that Cross Stitch Collectibles offers. I have several of the patterns, and I think I will have to do one for myself once I get this list done!
Well, this is it for now. Happy stitching!
Book Review: The Butterfly Garden
2 days ago