Monday, February 16, 2009

A small update - pics to follow this weekend, hopefully!

I have to get some pics up here, but here is my update - short and sweet!

I finished "Irish Blessing", a freebie from Leisure Arts. I plan to frame it and give to a good friend, since she's Irish! Ijust know she'll love it!

I finished 1 of my Thanksgiving projects, "Give Thanks", another freebie from Leisure Arts. Well, I finished the stitching. I still have to wash it and stamp it (the pattern calls for some stamps in the shapes of leaves, like Fall leaves, in whatever Fall colors you choose). I used a varigated color, rather than a solid color. I LOVE the way it turned out! I have one more to stitch yet. That's a quick and easy pattern to do!

I took Monopoly home, where I will stitch it from now on. It was getting to be too much to have here at work, at least for now. I have decided to stitch the outline entirely, then the color blocks at the top of the property spaces. Then, I think (not totally sure just yet) I will do the hardest spaces first, or at least do them for as long as I can handle! The corners, Community Chest, Chance, railroads, and utilities (and maybe the tax spaces, too) seem to be a bit more of a challenge to work, so I figure I should probably do those first, so that when I get to the "regular" property spaces, I will just fly through those, and be able to finish by stitch the logo and the places for the Comm. Chest and Chance cards in the middle.

I have made some great progress on "Through a Father's Eyes". It's a bit tougher than I imagined (especially when you have to frog quite a bit - YUCK!), but it's coming along quite nicely. I had to put it down the other night, and look at it from across the room, just to see it. I think it looks fabulous from across the room!

I also started a small Christmas ornament. A beaded one, no less! I haven't done any of the beads yet. This is my first time working with beads, and I am soooo excited! It is "Believe", one in a series of 6 from Mill Hill. If I like it enough, I just might have to do all 6!

I did find something to use for wings for my Clothespin Angels. I found a great website, http://factorydirectcraft.com/. They have some wings for me, so I will have to order them soon. I also need to get halos, but I will have to work on that. I might get those little gold rings that you can use for party favors for a wedding. I just have to see if they fit the tops of the clothespins.

OK, so my short update ran a bit longer than I thought it would.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: